At work we are baking treats every fortnight to bring in to share and this week was my turn. I really wanted to make salted caramel cookies but unfortunately I didn’t have the time to make them. So I found a quick & easy alternative recipe for Triple Choc Chip Cookies, I used this recipe from Taste
One of the girls in the office is gluten free so I substituted the plain and self raising flour for gluten free plain flour. The recipe worked quite well with the gluten free flour, though make sure you keep an eye on how long you are baking the cookies for, they only need about 10 minutes in the oven. I also used white choc bits instead of the milk choc bits. The cookies were a hit!
- 125g butter, chopped
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup (110g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) self-raising flour
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 125g milk choc bits
- 125g dark choc bits
- Heat oven to 180°C. Line base of 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Using electric beaters, cream butter, vanilla and brown sugar in a large bowl until smooth (do not overbeat). Beat in egg.
- Sift flours and cocoa together. Add flour mixture and choc bits to butter mixture, stir well to combine.
- Place tablespoons of mixture onto prepared trays, leaving about 6cm between each. Bake, in batches, for 12-15 minutes or until just firm on the surface. Stand cookies on tray for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.